Sunday, February 1, 2009

PCC FLEA MARKET



On Sunday I went on a new adventure for me. I went to the
flea market at Pasadena City College. I joined Dan, who works in the machine shop at my job and his brother Mike. We went out to breakfast first and then off to the college. The flea market at PCC
is about 350 vendors selling Antiques and collectibles. It was like going to 350 Antique stores all in one day. Dan collects arrowheads, Mike collects Antique radios and reel to reel tape recorders. As you can see I collect Antique toy trains.

Today I bought a Commodore Vanderbilt Engine, tender, gondola and caboose made by Marx. I paid $40.00 for the set. My collecting book lists this set from $70.00 in the worst condition to $300.00 in Mint condition. It's condition is about the $150.00 range. It works perfect both forward and reverse. This set was made between 1937 and 1942. Not bad for 72 years old.

No comments: