Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SQUASH RECIPE


Here is my recipe for stuffed squash.

First you have to grow a big yellow squash. Once the squash starts to form it is this big and ready to pick in days. Don't forget to grow some tomato and onions too
.



Slice the squash long ways .











Next you scoop out the seeds and place in a glass baking dish. (throw the seeds away.)







Mix, 1/2 LB of ground beef, 1 egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 TBL spoon chopped garlic, 1 TBL spoon parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup diced white onion, 1TSP basil, 1/4 cup tomato. Place mixture on top of squash and place in oven. Cook for 45 minutes at 350 deg.
This will feed two. Serve with Fettuccini Alfredo.



And here it is. It was as good as it looks. I am growing a lot of good produce and will have fun all summer trying new foods.

2 comments:

Jan aka StampQn said...

Guess what we're having for dinner tonight? Yep, I just printed your recipe and am going to give it a try. Last night we had steamed squash and cottage cheese and tonight I can use that HUGE one I have in the frig from my son's garden. Thanks.

Jerri Sue said...

This was the best dinner you have made from all your gardens.